SLJ (Summer Chat Story) Step it up Activity 34

Namaste, welcome back to my blog. I hope you are enjoying the blog posts I post, and also I hope you are having a great summer so far.

Today’s task was called Summer chat story. In this activity I created my own text story, so I first designed a phone shape for my story, then I added a title and some decorations on my phone. Next I added the text and some emojis to replace some words.There was also a template given but I wanted to create my own, I also filled the template so have a check at the bottom. This sounds interesting right? Follow the steps and you can also make this activity.

Steps :

Ako | Learn

First I watched a video called, Who invented emojis. If you know this answer without looking at the video comment down below the answer. The video is below. Next I watched another video about the power of words. The video is below too. Then I read, what is an emoji. The article explains what emojis are, when emojis are used, they also gave an example of an emoji. Lastly, I explored an example of a positive chat text story.

This is the story example

Hanga | Create

For the creative activity, I had to create my own positive text story about something I did or was going to do during the holidays. Now I have to create my own summer chat story, I had to make sure my chat story is positive and kind. Here is the template if you want to create the task.

Tohatoha | Share

Lastly for share, I had to take a screenshot of my chat story and upload it to my blog.

Here is my Chat story

This is my own I created

This is the template given but I would create my own.

2 thoughts on “SLJ (Summer Chat Story) Step it up Activity 34

1. Thanks for sharing your incredible learning.
    I wouldn’t mind going camping.I’d make sure that I had matches,a torch and some marshmellows to toast.OH! I’d also remember to bring some long kebab sticks so I don’t burn my hands toasting the mellows.

2. Kia ora Shreeya,

I’m not surprised you’ve posted yet another outstanding blog. I love the structure of your description and how you break it into learn, create, share and you include examples. It is very informative and anybody visiting your blog will get great ideas for their own learning.

I also like in your message threat you included a picture. We often send pictures alongside text messages just to show our friends and family what we are doing. I think your friend would enjoy seeing a picture of you hanging out at the beach.

Have you gone anywhere or done anything cool this summer? I have yet to go camping but your blog post reminded me I need to organise a camping trip. I love camping.

Thank you for sharing your work Shreeya, keep up the good work. I can see you’re putting a lot of work into your mahi.

Anna
    SLJ