SLJ — Notan Art Themes in Google Drawings – Step it up Activity 42

Kia Ora, welcome back to my blog.

Today I did an old task which I didn’t complete which is the Notan Art themes in google drawing. This activity was easy to make, I made my notan art about the sea/ocean which had crabs, fish, whales, seaweed, etc. If you want to create this activity follow the steps or you can just go to the bottom to see my Notan art about the sea/ocean.

Steps :

Ako | Learn

First for the learn part, I had to watch a video called Japanese Art of Notan, if you want to watch the video, watch the video below. Next I viewed Notan art examples, the examples show different themes of notan art. The examples are below. Finally for the learn part, I had to watch how to create the theme notan art. Watch the 2 videos and example picture below.

Hanga | Create

For the create task, I had to make a copy of the digital notan theme template to create my theme art. Once I finished my art I downloaded my art as a PNG to my chromebook.

Tohatoha | Share

Finally for the share part, I had to share my image on my blog. I hope you enjoy my notan art.

Here is my art

2 thoughts on “SLJ — Notan Art Themes in Google Drawings – Step it up Activity 42

1. This would make a nice tile for the bathroom.
    Did you have to use black and white to create your art learning?.
    I like that you included a variety of different sea species.

2. Morena Shreeya,

I have found it interesting to see the different ideas people have come up with for their art.

The Notan Art using just black and white creates a striking image. You have made the topic of your art very easy to depict and the sea has so many wonderful things to look at it was a splendid idea. If you were to have another go what theme would you use or what would you change?
    What do you think makes Notan Art so special?

Kia pai tō rā,
    Whaea Tanya
    Ako Hiko Facilitator