SLJ — Laser Maze Challenge Kick Start — Activity 41

Hello, welcome back to my blog.

In today’s task I made my own laser maze challenge on google drawing. If you’re wondering why I am doing it on google drawing, it is because I had to plan it well it said to think about where I/you could build a laser maze in your garden.

If you want to create this activity, follow the steps and you can also plan your own laser maze challenge and also try it in your backyard too. But if you don’t want to create this activity jump to the bottom to see my design and the example design.

Steps :

Ako | Learn

Have you ever been in a Laser Maze?

First I had to watch a video of these spy actors get around lasers. But before that, have you seen any of the Mission Impossible movies? Because if you haven’t here is a video of how these spy actors get around lasers below.

Next I had to watch a video called kids in this laser maze, in this video it shows kids doing the laser maze, there is also a laser maze in Queenstown. Watch the kids in this laser maze video below.

Lastly for the ako/learn part, I looked at fun laser mazes outside and inside, which means I looked at some examples of kids doing there maze either outside in the backyard or inside in the hallway. Have a look at the photo below too.

Videos and photo

Hanga | Create

For the create part, I looked at a example of a laser maze made on google drawing. Next I had to think about where I/you could build a laser maze in your garden. Then I had to make a copy of this google draw template to draw my/your laser maze.

Use the line tool, add images to show where you will tie the string or wool and use remove.bg to remove any background of the image.

Tohatoha | Share

Lastly and finally for share, I had to download my google drawing as a png and share it on my blog.

I also had to answer — How fast do you think someone could do your laser maze?

Answer :

In the google drawing I wrote 4 minutes, but if they are speedy they can do 3 minutes or maybe 2. If they are slow I would say a 4 or 5.

Here is my Laser Maze Kick start activity

Green ones are example

Blue background with green grass is my one

Enjoy!

2 thoughts on “SLJ — Laser Maze Challenge Kick Start — Activity 41

1. This looks like it would be a great game to play.
    I was just wondering why it’s called laser tag.I thought to get through the maze you weren’t allowed to touch the laser,if you did,an alarm would go off.
    Is that not the case with your maze?.

2. Talofa Shreeya,
    thank you for sharing the videos, I have never thought about making my own laser maze but the second video makes it look fun. The use of laser lights connected to an alarm is a great challenge.
    How long did it take you to actually go through the maze? In your first image, it looks like you have lots of overs or were you able to crawl under a few of the lines? Did you touch any of the lines, what did you do if you touched a line? Was there a time penalty or did you have to start over?
    Well done on creating a second maze did you do this because the first one was too easy or too challenging?
    Where would you create a laser maze inside if it was raining?

Ngā Mihi
    Whaea Tanya
    Ako hiko Facilitator