SLJ/Summer Learning Journey (Rebus Puzzles) Step it up Activity/task 14

Hello bloggers, welcome back to my blog. Today I am going to share my rebus puzzles step it up activity today. This one was fun to make as well. This one is a puzzle that you guys have to answer, and comment the answers on my blog. Here are the steps I followed- 1: I watched a clip called- Can you solve these Rebus Puzzles? Here is the clip if you want to watch it and answer it before the timer ends : Video : then I looked at some examples, and I was stuck but luckily they added a video of how to solve it. 2: For the create task I had to create my own rebus puzzle, I could do it on google slides or google docs. I chose the google slides. Under the puzzles I had I took a photo of the examples take a look and enjoy.

Here is my Rebus puzzle

If you are stuck take a look at my slide and find out how to do it

16 thoughts on “SLJ/Summer Learning Journey (Rebus Puzzles) Step it up Activity/task 14

1. BRILLIANT-I had fun doing these.I did need to get a pen and paper though to work them out.
    Thank you for the brain break 🙂

2. Kia ora Shreeya,

Thank you for the explicit example, it was a fabulous explanation. I have recorded this blog post as an Outstanding blog post which means you get extra points. Between the great description, the example in your Google Slide and the nice layout of your blog post I was impressed.

What an awesome Rebus puzzle. I tried to work it out with pen and paper but ended up giving in and grabbing one. This definitely made it easier. I know the answer. I won’t say it outright but I will include the answer in my post subtly.

You should try my Rebus Puzzle. Can you guess what it is? It was surprisingly tough to make. Did you find making yours tricky?
    Rebus Puzzle

Don’t forget to google Summer Learning Journey Shreeya 🥳
    Anna
    SLJ

3. Kia ora Shreeya,
    I am Jasmine from saint marys school. You did so good at using the Emojis as the word I’m pretty sure it was summer learning journey but what was the first one?
    Why did you use those emojis? Keep up the great work.
    Kind regards
    Jasmine

4. Kia ora Shreeya, Swaimah here!
    I loved how you added an example and also showed how this game/puzzle is being done. The words you picked out were really challenging. I figured the puzzles – Umbrella – Beautiful – Google – The level 2 was a bit tricky for me. You did an amazing job making these summer learning journey posts.

Questions

How long did it take to make your slides?
    How did you thought of the puzzles?
    Did you enjoy making the puzzles?

Thanks Swaimah <3

5. Hello Shreeya
    It’s Annabel here from koputaroa school. I think your blog post is very cool and it looks like it took you a while. The last one I found quite tricky but I got their in the end! You explained it step by step which was really good because I didn’t know how to do it at first. I really enjoyed your blog post because it made me think hard, which is a good thing. Overall I think this was a really good blog post!
    Nga Mihi Annabel

6. Hello Shreeya, Blane here from Hay Park School.
    I did this activity as well and I found it kinda challenging because I didn’t really know what emojis and which sentence I should use so I just picked a simple one and it was “Blane is pretty” so yeah.
    When I saw this activity I really wanted to try something new and when I actually did it in real life I really enjoyed it and I felt it was fun and entertaining.
    So I just gave it a go. The part I found easy in this activity was having fun duh because everything that the SLJ team has for us is always fun so yeah.
    Bye this is Blane signing of
    and hope you have a great New Year🥳

7. Kia ora Shreeya
    Sophia from Marhsland school here. I love how you put in different unique rebus puzzles into it. You put it out so well that I wanted to do it myself. I know you took lots of time doing this so I hope you can do as well with your other blogs
    See ya
    Sophia

8. Kia ora Shreeya
    I’m Sarah from wigram primary school. I love how you did a different way and I worked mine with a pencil and paper. Bye

9. Hi Shreeya,
    my name is Hayley, I go to Koputaroa School.
    Your post is so cool. I love it because it tests your brain. I needed to get a pen and paper to work them out, which just shows how much you must have worked on this.
    If you could choose different words what words would you choose???
    – Hayley Edwards🩵