SLJ/Summer Learning Journey (Rebus Puzzles) Kick start Activity/task 13

Bula, welcome back to my blog. Today I am going to share the activity I did today which is my rebus puzzles. When I saw this name I thought it would be about different types of puzzles.But it wasn’t puzzles,  find out what I did from the steps I followed- 1: I watched a video that is called-  Can you understand the story that’s been told by the emojis/ here is the link if you want to watch it- Video. Then I explored 2 story examples using emojis. 2: for the create task I had to create my own story using emojis to replace some of the words. Then I watched a clip called- The silent movie, this clip shows me where to find the emojis in the google docs. 3: lastly I took a screenshot of my story and put it on my blog. I also wrote a glossary of what the emojis ment so you can understand the meaning of it.

Here is my Emoji Story at the bottom of the page

This is the 1st & 2nd example

Here is my emoji story and glossary

Here is the glossary

2 thoughts on “SLJ/Summer Learning Journey (Rebus Puzzles) Kick start Activity/task 13

1. Another wonderful post.
    The stories certainly made me have to think…..BIG THUMBS UP TO YOU for all the effort you are putting in to these.

2. Kia ora Shreeya,

It is Charlotte again, a Summer Learning Journey Blog Commenter. Wow, what a great job you have done on your ‘Rebus Puzzle’ activity!

It took me a while to work out your story, the glossary helped a lot – what a great idea to include a glossary. Isn’t it pretty cool that we can replace words with pictures and still understand the story! How did you find the activity? I really enjoyed this one because I like working out answers to codes and puzzles.

Because this post is fantastic, I have marked your post as an outstanding post. This means that you will be receiving extra points for this post, well done and keep up the great blogging!

Ngā Mihi Nui
    Charlotte Visser
    Summer Learning Journey